1.16.2013

Velvet Veruschka

As fashion dealers + just all around lovers of fashion, we're constantly doing research on pieces we come across and perusing vintage fashion photos + magazines. The curse (and gift) of the internet is that you can never find what you're looking for when you want it but will ultimately stumble across it at some other random point in time. So, imagine our surprise when we accidentally came across this photo of the eternally beautiful Veruschka from Vogue, August 1968.



That's MY coat! I mean, that's "my" coat. Right? My husband managed to pry my fingers off it + keep it out of my closet for just long enough to get it photographed. I'll cross my fingers that it never sells so I can continue to bask in it's beauty for a little while longer. Otherwise I'll be resigned to only seeing it at the Chicago History Museum and that one doesn't have sable trim!




So, without further ado, we offer you this insanely gorgeous 1968 Bill Blass velvet + sable coat.






Extremely rare Sergeant Pepper inspired 1968 Bill Blass for Maurice Rentner evening coat. Long dark imperial blue velvet with flared hem + belled sleeves. Metallic gold soutache braided closures up the front with large rhinestone buttons. Nehru neckline + flared cuffs are lined in genuine silver-tipped Russian sable fur. Fully lined in silk. A spectacular + awe-inspiring piece for any collector.

Available at http://www.bustownmodern.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment